Fiat 500 R
The production of the fiat 500 did not reach the level of the mini or the Beetle. “Only” 4 millions were produced from 1957 to 1974. There were some evolutions, the main one concerning the door opening which was “suicide type” up to 1960 (opening in the opposite way that we know today). The Fiat 500 is incredibly small with 3 meters length and width wide for only 1.2 meter height and 600 kg. The engine is a 500cc with 18 horsepowers for most of the production time. The Fiat 500 models are identified by a letter, ranging from N (Nuova), D, F, L (Lusso) to R.
Our Fiat 500 model R (Rinnovata) was only produced for the Italian market from 1972 to 1974, with a 600cc engine but still 18 horsepowers.
|ENGINE SIZE (CC)||594|
|TOP SPEED (km/h)||100|
- Vintage: requries some efforts to turn at low speed or in 90 degrees or higher turns
- Semi Modern: no assistance but moderate effort needed to turn
- Vintage: the 3rd to 2nd gear change requires care. Better not to change too often gear. Require going through the neutral to change gear
- Semi Modern: requires to go through neutral to change gear. Gear changes smooth
- Vintage: brakes are strong and efficacious but without assistance, it requires pressing the pedal with some strength (shoes with good outsole ) to brake.
- Semi Modern: moderate effort required to brake