TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE ODEEGO I.K.E.
2. Contractual Documents
3. Express Acceptance
5. What is Included
6. Payment Terms
8. Cancelation Policy
10. Permitted Use / Customer Obligations
14. Contract Termination
15. Force Majeure
16. Protection of Personal Data
17. Applicable Law and Competent Jurisdiction
18. Language of Contractual Documents
19. Modification of Terms and Conditions
ODEEGO I.K.E. is a rental company for classic cars with or without a driver, registered in the local Transport and Tourist Ministry and operating under legal license.
All the vehicles have the relevant worldwide authenticity certificate from the representative legal entities in Greece that is (i) F.I.A., (ii) F.I.V.A. and they are at least 30 years old. As a result, they are of special value and aesthetics.
Any Cars’ first registration license, model and type are mentioned in Annex I.
ODEEGO IKE operates in Athens / Greece and the company’s premises are located in Glyfada, 32A Ikarias street, 16675.
ODEEGO IKE rents classic cars without a driver, according to the below terms and conditions, and for the sole purpose of participating in the tours that the company organizes. The Tours’ description can be found in the company’s website www.odeego.gr.
Under circumstances, the cars could be rented for other activities as well, namely, but not restrictive to, events, photo shooting or small tours with a driver, according to availability. For information contact us by e-mail.
2) Contractual Documents
Customers acknowledge that the rental and booking of tour services with ODEEGO IKE as well as the terms of participation in these services, are governed by the below contractual documents:
-Terms and Conditions of Sales (with the Annexes)
-Private Rental Agreement
– Special Information Note
3) Express Acceptance
Any rental and booking of a tour service from the customer assumes viewing and prior, express acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Sale. This express acceptance will result in case of online booking, from selection by the customer of the checkbox corresponding of the following phrase on the website:
“By checking this box, I expressly acknowledge having read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Sale of ODEEGO IKE”
In case of booking made with ODEEGO IKE by any other means, the customer agrees to read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Sale before the start of the tour by signing them.
Price and rental term for each vehicle depends on selection of tour as it is described in the Private Rental Agreement and our website www.odeego.gr.
For other activities other than participation to the organized tours, price and rental term will be decided on demand and will be stated explicitly in the Private Rental Agreement.
Rental term starts upon the signing of the Private Rental Agreement.
Rental period (start day / end day) is written in the Private Rental Agreement.
In case the customer will not use the vehicle for reasons that concern the customer, then the customer is obliged to pay the rental price anyway.
Price is in Euro and is the final price.
Price for each different tour is referred to the car for two (2) passengers / adults. In case there will be an extra passenger, if this is possible, consult the electronic booking form, or contact us.
5) What is Included
Detailed description of what is included to each type of tour can be found to our website www.odeego.gr.
6) Payment Terms
Recognizing the importance of electronic payment security, EveryPay is a licensed Payment Institution by the Bank of Greece (Decision No. 280/3 / 23-7-2018 GG B 3010 / 25-7-2018), and manages securely card payment transactions, in accordance with the regulatory framework of the card transaction security management standard. Everypay is certified in accordance with the PCI DSS compliance standards. All Everypay services are made through secure connections with 256bit SSL certificates. EveryPay also supports the ability to use the 3D Secure service, an additional security token for VISA, MasterCard & American Express. The Payer then has to enter his personal secret code to complete the transaction successfully
Payment methods accepted:
– When booking through the website, only available payment method is via credit/debit card. ODEEDO IKE has implemented a secure payment procedure by credit/debit card on internet.
Online payment is immediate and the sale is considered final. Customer will receive a confirmation e mail upon successful payment.
Odeego IKE is entitled to cancel any booking in case of nonpayment, partial payment or fraud.
-When booking through any other means, payments methods accepted are credit/debit card, wire transfer or cash, up to the amount allowed by the Law.
ODEGGO IKE accepts VISA and MASTERCARD. Payment by check is not accepted.
In case of nonpayment at the agreed date, the company reserves the right to charge the customer with legal interest due from the first date.
The company is entitled to keep an amount as guaranty for damages to the car caused by customer.
8) Cancelation Policy
-For cancellation up to 30 days before the date of the tour, customer gets a full refund.
-For cancellation 29 days before the date of the tour up to 14 days before the date of the tour customer gets a 75% refund.
-For cancellation 13 days before the date of the tour up to 2 days before the day of the tour, customer gets 50% refund.
-For cancellation 24 hours before the day of the tour and for no-show, there is no refund.
All the vehicles are insured in Greece, according to the insurance contract (annex III) and the company’s Terms and conditions of sale.
Specifically, vehicles have third party insurance (material and physical damage) up to the amount specified by Greek Law.
Insurance coverage is only valid for the driver who has signed the Private Rental Agreement. In case that the customer wishes that other person as well will be driving during the tour, the person should be mentioned in the Private Agreement as well.
The Beneficiary of the insurance in case of the above risks is Odeego IKE. Odeego IKE reserves the right to refuse to provide any insurance to the customer or an authorized Driver, as long as the person is causing repeated damage to leased vehicles.
The company is obliged to provide Road Assistance within the Greek territory at its expense.
10) Allowed Use / Customer Obligations
The customer must accept the following:
1. Booking a tour as described in Annex II should follow the below rules:
a. Drive in a convoy of cars following the tour leader
b. Follow the tour leader’s instructions
c. Do not disturb the course of the trip and do not harass the other participants.
2. The vehicles will be used for the needs of the customer, who will have to exercise due diligence and care, as well as be in possession of a valid driving license and only for legitimate uses. The customer will have to adhere to road traffic rules. When a complaint is made by the company or its representatives, that misuse of the Vehicle has been identified by the customer, customer is obliged to take the necessary steps to stop and subsequently prevent the repetition of this event.
3. The driver’s minimum age for booking a car is the 21st years and the minimum time elapsed since the driver’s license has been acquired is three (3) years. In the event that any of the above conditions are not valid then the company’s pre-approval is required prior to any reservation.
4. These vehicles are proposed for 2 people and specifically adults. Children of less than 13 years of age are not allowed to board the vehicles unless otherwise agreed.
5. The customer is fully responsible and agrees to notify the company, for any fine, seizure, confiscation or penalty, of a traffic offense or violation of any other laws, orders or rules of any public service if it concerns a leased vehicle.
6. The customer is not allowed to professionally transfer objects or persons with the vehicles, or to transport explosives or to take part in races.
7. The customer must take all necessary security measures to prevent theft of the vehicle.
8. The customer must always have the car under his control and immediately notify the company, if for any reason he has lost control or possession of the vehicle, he should not allow the vehicle to leave the Greek territory.
9. The customer must pay, at the request of the company, all costs and charges due to traffic law violations of the leased vehicles that occurred during the lease.
10. The customer explicitly recognizes, agrees and accepts that if he is driving, drunk or under the influence of barbiturates or any kind of drug or any third party who is not entitled is driving instead, customer is not covered by any type of insurance and is responsible for repairing any damage to third parties or to the rented vehicle against the company.
11. In the event of an accident, the customer is obliged to collect the data of the eyewitnesses and to immediately fill in the special accident statement of the co-operating with the company insurance company.
12. The Lessee expressly recognizes, agrees and accepts that, if driving, on roads not intended for car traffic or traffic prohibited by the Authorities, customer is not covered by any type of insurance and is responsible for the repair of any damage to third parties or to the rented vehicle, against the company.
– NOTE THAT SMOKING IS PROHIBITTED IN ALL THE VEHICLES.
This is only a car lease agreement. Owner of the vehicle is always Odeego IKE and the customer has no other right except that of the simple possession and use in accordance with the terms of this contract.
Upon the expiry of the lease term, the customer must return the Vehicle in good condition to the company.
In the event of missing parts at delivery or if the car has suffered damage beyond normal use, the customer is obliged to pay to the company the replacement of parts or repair cost on a case-by-case basis.
If the company does not, in one or more cases, make use of one or more of its rights, it may not be deemed to have waived the terms, agreements, rights and privileges that remain in full force and may at any time make use of them , unless such a waiver has occurred.
14) Contract Termination
1) The company has the right to terminate any contract such as:
a) If the customer has not paid for the booking on time
b) If the customer violates any agreement made or the terms and conditions of sale
c) If any Statement or assurance made in connection with the booking at any time is inaccurate in crucial aspects.
2) In the event that the customer fails to comply with the terms and conditions, then the company may terminate the lease, declare the customer and claim the return of the rented vehicle. The Renter’s refusal to immediately assign the vehicle to the company will result in the foreseeable consequences and sanctions of the Criminal and Civil Law.
In the event that a contract has been terminated, additional insurance cover of the leased vehicle ceases and the Lessee will be liable to the company for any damage to the vehicle. In addition, after the expiry of the lease, the accompanying document – private agreement ceases to exist.
15) Force Majeure
a) In the event that the lease cannot become active due to force majeure, the parties will try to find the best solution for the lease, otherwise it will be automatically terminated and the company will be obliged to return payment.
b) In the event that the lease cannot be made due to a vehicle technical problem or for reasons related to the vehicle alone, the company is obliged to dispose of another vehicle and if the Customer does not wish to use it; or this is not possible, to return payment.
Indicative and not restrictive cases of force majeure are the following:
-Strong weather conditions that make it dangerous to drive
– Strikes, clashes, burglaries that make it impossible to arrive at the departure point of either the vehicle or the customer
– Damage to the vehicle not related to routine maintenance work
16) Personal Data
The parties acknowledge that for the duration of this Agreement each party may obtain either through the other party or otherwise, Confidential Information. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” shall mean all information relating to or belonging to a party, including but not limited to the following: (i) customer personal data, as well as information provided by any representative of the parties , (ii) information obtained through observation or otherwise during a visit to the premises of a party, (iii) information or other work products developed in connection with this Convention, and (iv) information that the Contractor has an obligation to third parties to observe as confidential. Such disclosures will be subject to the following confidentiality and non-use obligations:
The receiving Party will respect the Confidential Information it has received as highly confidential and will not distribute, disclose or transmit the Confidential Information to third parties, or to anyone not empowered, in the present, or to its own business, and to its personnel avail.
The receiving Party will not use the Confidential Information received for any other purpose other than to facilitate the purpose of this Convention.
The party receiving the Confidential Information will be liable to the recipient of the Confidential Information for any unlawful disclosure or use of Confidential Information to third parties. The confidentiality obligations will bind them to the present parties for a period of two (2) years from the date of the last signature below. The aforementioned confidentiality and non-use obligations will not apply to information that the receiving party can prove that:
a) were known to the receiving party prior to their receipt as evidenced in writing, or
b) Were known to the general public prior to their receipt or subsequently communicated to the general public without fault of the party receiving the information; or
c) acquired by the receiving party through a third party not subject to the confidentiality requirements and has a legitimate right to make such disclosure.
17) Applicable Law and Competent Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by Greek law. Any dispute that may arise in the future, including disputes concerning the validity of the contract and any proceedings in the course of the execution or taking of any precautionary measure, shall be the sole responsibility of the Courts of Athens.
18) Modification of Terms and Conditions
The customer fully accepts the terms and conditions of the lease and recognizes the terms herein as true, unalterable and indivisible and the parties agree that these terms may not be changed in any way except in written and signed by both parties.
Each rental vehicle is accompanied by the following equipment which is indivisible with the lease.
– fire extinguisher
– first aid box
a) Vehicles are insured in accordance with the Greek law and are covered on Greek territory in accordance with the insurance policy and the terms and conditions of the sale.
Indicative, coverage is as follows:
Third Party Insurance Physical Damage – YES
Third Party Insurance – Material Damage – YES
Road Assistance – YES
Legal Advice – YES
Insurance against Non Insured vehicle – YES
Personal Physical Damage – YES
b) The insurance covers the driver of the vehicle that has signed the Private Rental Agreement.
c) In the event that a driver other than the one who signed the Private Rental Agreement is led, this should be stated in the Agreement.
d) DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
– The customer is responsible for damages that he / she will cause on the vehicle up to € 800.
– The customer’s liability for damage to the vehicle may be reduced, provided that the Law is not violated, at the minimum charge of € 100, paying the amount of € 15 per rental day.
SPECIAL INFORMATION NOTE
The company takes all the necessary measures so the vehicles are always in good condition for safe driving. Despite all the company’s precautions, the vehicles to be hired are at least 30 years old and any damage can happen at any time even on the ride.
If this happens, the company, in communication with the customer, will try and find the best solution that will serve the customer.
The vehicles to be rented belong to the category of the classic car and therefore have particularities and difficulties compared to modern vehicles and as a result are suitable for hire to experienced drivers.
Indicatively we mention that the vehicles to be hired:
– They do not have a Hydraulic Steering Wheel and therefore need more effort to turn.
– They do not have a modern brake system and therefore the time required to stop is longer.
– They do not have air conditioning and therefore driving in the warm climate of Athens is likely to affect people sensitive to heat.
– They do not have an automatic gearbox, therefore it is recommended for drivers with experience in manual gearboxes.
– They do not have airbags.
– They cannot transport disabled people.